How We Do It
We are an independent, self-financing voluntary organisation. We are a registered charity and rely on voluntary giving, to ensure our essential services. We make no charge for our services, ensuring access to anyone who needs us.
Our annual running costs amount to £9.5 million. We receive less than 30% of this sum from local Health Authorities. The remaining 70% (approximately £6.5 million) of our funding comes through charitable giving.
Our Board of Trustees are responsible for managing the Hospice.
Everybody involved with St Oswald's - trustees, management, staff and volunteers alike - strive to abide by our Hospice Philosophy, which defines the values of the organisation for patients, families, carers and all those involved in its work.