Book your Tree-cycle collection
St Oswald’s Hospice will collect your real Christmas tree (from selected postcode areas - see below) this January and re-cycle it for you.
Save yourself the hassle of a trip to the tip, be kind to the planet and help raise money for St Oswald’s Hospice. Win, win, win!
Christmas Tree-cycle bookings are now open!
St Oswald’s Hospice will collect your tree this January and re-cycle it. Save yourself the hassle of a trip to the tip, be kind to the planet and help raise money for St Oswald’s Hospice.
Fill out the form below to secure your slot and book with us.Book your Tree-cycle collection
We can collect from the following postcodes:
NE1 - NE18 | NE20 - NE22 | NE23 - NE30 | NE39 - NE42 | NE62 - 64
We can only collect from the postcode areas specified above. If you provide a collection address outside of these areas then the collection will not be able to go ahead and your collection will be cancelled.
Please read our full terms and conditions below.Terms and Conditions
Haven't decided where you're buying your tree from this Christmas?
Why not buy your tree from one of the brilliant North East businesses* which are kindly and generously supporting St Oswald’s Hospice this year by promoting our Tree-cycle collections?
- Northern Christmas Trees, Gosforth– A family business founded over 20 years ago located at Gosforth Rugby club.
- Cowell's Garden Centre– in Woolsington, just off the A1 near to Kingston Park.
- Broomhall Christmas Trees- Have been supplying Scottish Christmas trees for 35 years. Drive to NE5 1NS and follow signposts to the farm.
- Dobbies– Dobbies in Gosforth (Gosforth Park) and Ponteland (near airport) are selling real Christmas trees in-store and online.
- Halls of Heddon Nursery Centre- On the A69, Heddon-on-the-Wall near Walbottle.
- Edelweiss, The Christmas Tree Co - Based in Double Row, Seaton Delaval.
- Earsdon Plant Centre- in Whitley Bay, just off the A192.
- Hillheads Farm Shop – Family run farm & farm shop in Killingworth, just off the A19.
- Azure Garden Centre – Based on Station Road, Cramlington, Azure Garden Centre is a charitable enterprise.
- Brocksbushes– Farm shop based in Corbridge, just off the A69 on the way to Hexham.
- Windmill Farm - A family run business on a working farm in Bedlington, Northumberland, supplying a large variety of fresh cut quality Christmas trees.
- Lamesley Farm – A cut and pick your own Christmas tree experience at Lamesley Farm, near Team Valley.
- Passion for Fruit and Veg – Fruit and veg shop based on Low Fell High Street.
*Please contact these businesses in advance for opening times and tree availability to avoid disappointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Between Monday 9th January and Friday 20th January. Your tree will be collected anytime between these dates so make sure it’s ready and in the position you specified on the form ready for collection. Your tree may not be collected until Friday 20th January so please do not contact us before this time as it will probably be the case that we haven’t yet collected from your address.
Unfortunately not. We keep our orders open for as long as possible to ensure we raise as much money for St Oswald’s Hospice. Our orders don’t all come through at the same time, so sometimes vans will be in the same area multiple times and we can’t provide specific date or time slots as there are many factors we need to consider when organising van routes.
Ensure your tree is stripped of all decorations and any pots they stand in and placed in the location you specified on your collection form.
No, leave all branches in tact and make sure you haven’t pulled branches off the tree. This is for recycling purposes.
Your tree should be no bigger than 8ft.
Yes. All baubles, tinsels and decorations need to be taken off your tree pre-collection and removed from any pots they stand in.
Whilst all efforts will be made to collect your tree, safety of our staff and volunteers is paramount and in extreme and rare circumstances we would either have to re-arrange or cancel your collection. Any new collection may fall after 20th January and a full refund would be given if a cancellation was necessary.