Your vote could transform our Children and Young Adults living space
St Oswald’s Hospice are delighted to be on a shortlist to win a share of Persimmon Homes’ Building Futures £1 million pot supporting under-18s nationwide. At a gala dinner in October, cash awards of £100,000, £50,000 or £20,000 will be made to those charities who received the most online votes – but we need your help to be in with a chance of scooping a share of the funds.
We currently care for 57 children with complex physical and learning disabilities and are constantly looking at how we can improve our facilities for the families we support. If we are lucky enough to be a winner, the funding will be used to refurbish the Children and Young Adult’s Service main living space. Our plan is to transform our current large, open plan room into a series of exciting play and activity areas, keeping children of all ages safe, happy, stimulated and inspired, whatever our ‘new normal,’ requires of us.
Our plans, if we should win the public vote, would include:
- A fantastic gaming and IT area for older children.
- A space for TV watching and relaxation.
- A soft play space for babies and toddlers.
- A story corner.
- A music making station.
- Space for imaginative play.
- An arts and crafts area.
- A kitchen, safely and hygienically divided into sterile milk kitchen to ensure the highest standards of hygiene when making the babies’ feeds, a practical food preparation space for the children’s meals and a ‘fun’ kitchen with height adjustable benches
- Lots of storage to keep clutter to a minimum, ensuring that we can maintain the highest standards of infection control.
However the main purpose of the refurbishment will be to ensure that all of our children have fun when they come to stay. With your help we will create a space where every North East child who needs Hospice care feels happy, inspired and very much at home.
Vote now to make a difference!
Voting is open now! Please help us to win funding for this amazing project. Voting is simple, just follow these steps:
- Clink the link below and scroll down to select St Oswald’s, where you can place your vote
- You don’t need to enter any personal information and you can vote as many times as you like, but only once every 24hrs.
- Please help us spread the word! Click the button on the voting page to share with your friends on social media, showing that you have cast your vote and encouraging others to do the same. Remember o mention you can vote once every day
- Voting closes on 18th September – please keep your fingers crossed for us!
Thank you for your support.Vote for St Oswald's Hospice