A Taste of Home
Food is a great way to bring people together. This March, St Oswald’s has teamed up with eight other independent North East hospices (Hospices North East) and Hospice UK to talk about all the special ways that hospices make people feel at home during their stay. At St Oswald’s, one of the ways we try to create a ‘home from home’ environment throughout patient’s stays is through food. Our catering team serve home cooked, nutritious meals to our Inpatients, those using our days services and to our young adults and children, served in a way that they find it easiest to enjoy.
Throughout March, we are asking you to host your own special meal in support of your local hospice. By getting together with those people who mean a lot to you and enjoying a meal together, you could help us to ensure more people access vital hospice care. Whether it’s a formal dinner party, an afternoon tea with friends, a lunch buffet for work colleagues or a slap up Sunday roast for the whole family, invite your guests to enjoy a meal and great company with you, for a donation towards the work of St Oswald’s.
Hosting your own Taste of Home gathering couldn’t be simpler.
- Let us know you plan to hold an event by filling in our registration form. We’ll send you a Taste of Home fundraising pack via email.
- Plan your menu. From savoury to sweet, share and indulge in your favourites.
- Invite as many people as you can cater for.
- Share! Let everyone know what you’re doing on social media using #tasteofhome.
- Ask your guests to donate whatever they can afford for their meal, to help more families get hospice care. We can provide branded collection cans and even some of our Elmer raffle tickets to sell at your event to help you raise even more fund.
- Send in the money you’ve raised. You can do this in several ways. Or why not set up a Just Giving page, where the money is sent straight to the hospice, meaning we can put it to good use even more quickly?
Hospice UK have provided some useful resources to make help plan your Taste of Home event. Download them here:
Social media sign - Print this, take a selfie and share on social media to show your support of a Taste of Home
Invitations - Fill in the details of your event and send to your guests
Place cards - Make your guests feel welcome with these personalisable place cards
Bunting - Decorate your dinner party and get across your message with our Taste of Home bunting. Just cut out and add string!