Staff Nurse - Adult Inpatient Unit
- St Oswald's Hospice
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Base salary £26,130 - £28,098 per annum (plus allowance for unsocial hours)
- Job Type:
- Various hours available 30 to 37.5 hours per week (Predominantly day duty with some rotation onto night shift)
- Closing Date
- 05/12/2021 23:59:59
- Staff Nurse - Adult Inpatient Unit
St Oswald’s Adult Inpatient Unit provides Specialist Palliative Care for people with progressive life limiting illness. We aim to promote high quality care for patients and their families by adopting a holistic and individualised approach.
We are looking for Registered General Nurses with a positive, can do attitude who is self-motivated and committed to the principles of palliative care. You should enjoy working as part of a busy team with the emotional strength and have high levels of communication and prioritisation skills that are essential for this role. Ideally you should have experience in palliative care, oncology or general medicine; this is not essential and we are available to talk through the possibilities.
This is a unique opportunity to join a friendly, motivated and experienced multidisciplinary team committed to delivering skilled and compassionate care of the highest standard.
We can also offer you:
- Pleasant, supportive and rewarding working environment
- Good staffing levels with time to care
- Pension scheme or option to continue with NHS pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays
- Free car parking
- Comprehensive induction program
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in Specialist Palliative Care
- Educational opportunities through our Learning & Development department
- Guidance and Support with Revalidation
If after reading the job description you wish to discuss this post further or arrange an informal visit please contact Anne Tuck, Matron on email@example.com or call 0191 285 0063 ext. 2003.
If you would like to download a detailed job description and person specification, please click here
Interview date: Tuesday 14th December 2021
N.B. We may close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications so please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered.
Disability Confident Committed Employer
St Oswald’ is committed to equality and diversity and is an inclusive employer. We welcome applications from people of all ages, disability/non-disability, ethnicities, genders, religions, sexualities, transgender status, and cultural backgrounds.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and will offer interviews to candidates who request to be considered under the disability confident scheme and meet the minimum requirements of the person specification. If you are eligible for an interview under this scheme then please make it clear on your application form in your supporting statement.
Please note in situations where we experience high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, we will endeavour to meet this commitment but may have to limit the overall number of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to the Disability Confident website.