Registered General Nurse - Focus on Living Centre
- St Oswald's Hospice
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Salary £16,114 - £17,328 per annum actual salary
- Job Type:
- 22.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 24/08/2021 23:59:59
- Registered General Nurse - Focus on Living Centre
An exciting position has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered General Nurse to work alongside and support the Sister of the Focus on Living Nursing Team in delivering a high quality service to patients with progressive life limiting illnesses within our Focus on Living Centre.
The Focus on Living Centre at St Oswald’s Hospice offers support during the day, either in person or virtually, to people with a life-limiting condition, to enhance their sense of wellbeing and enjoyment.
Our services include ambulatory care, therapeutic activities, virtual groups telephone support and face to face assessments.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years post registration experience 1 year within a palliative care background or comparable setting.
- Display competence in a wide range of clinical skills including intravenous infusions/transfusions.
- Have excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrate effective time management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Be highly motivated with enthusiasm and commitment.
We can offer you:
- Pleasant working environment within a multidisciplinary team.
- Hours to be worked across the week as agreed with Matron for Day Services , you will not be required to work nights or weekends.
- Good staffing levels.
- Membership of the NHS pension scheme transferable.
- 27 days annual holiday per annum plus 8 statutory days (pro rata for part time working)
- Free car parking and excellent public transport links.
- Comprehensive induction program.
- Educational opportunities through our Learning and Development Department.
- Support for personal and professional development (monthly 1-1’s, clinical supervision, team meetings, reflective practice/education on top of annual 2 days attendance on our clinical education days)
If you would like to download a detailed job description and person specification, please click here.
This position will be subject to an Enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note: We may close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications so please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered.
Interview date: Tuesday 7th September 2021