- St Oswald's Hospice
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £24,000 to £28,000 per annum full time (dependant on experience)
- Job Type:
- 37.5 hours per week working a 7 day rota normally between hours of 7.30am and 6.30pm
- Closing Date
- 29/11/2021 23:59:59
- Catering Manager
If you’re a trained Chef who is looking for a new challenge, wants to make a real difference to the lives of others and be part of a friendly and supportive working environment we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
Enjoyment of food and drink, and nutrition are important to the wellbeing of our patients so we’re looking for someone who wants to make a real difference to our adult and children & young adults service users by providing tempting food while considering the specific needs related to their condition.
We’re looking for a Catering Manager to provide strong leadership to our Catering Team. You will lead the team ensuring a high quality and creative catering service to patients, staff, volunteers and visitors seven days a week. You’ll work closely with clinical teams and lead on dietary and nutrition advice for St Oswald’s and ensure food health and safety and hygiene compliance.
The role is demanding but rewarding, running between 7.30am to 6.30pm over 7 days. In return we offer:
- Flexible working over 7 days including regular weekends off
- 27 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Access to a Group Personal Pension Plan or the option to remain in NHS Pension Scheme if you are a member or have been in the last 12 months
- Free parking
If you’re a Chef who wants a new challenge in a rewarding, patient focussed environment we’d love you to join our St Oswald’s Hospice family.
You will have:
- An NVQ Level 3 NVQ in Catering or above or a formal Chef qualification
- A Food Hygiene Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Chef.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing staff
- An NVQ Level 2 in Management or above
If you would like to download a detailed job description and person specification for this role please click here.
This post is subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If after reading the job description you require further information please contact Facilities Manager Jane Hamblin on 01912850063 ext 2099 or email@example.com
Interview date: Tuesday 7th December 2021
Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time if we receive a high volume of applications.