Casual Retail Drivers
- St Oswald's Hospice
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £8.91 per hour
- Job Type:
- Required to work occasional hours on an ad-hoc basis (Core hours are Monday – Saturday 8.00 - 4.00pm the role may include evenings and weekend shifts as needed)
- Closing Date
- 01/01/0001 00:00:00
- Casual Retail Drivers
We are looking to strengthen our bank of Casual Retail Drivers who work hours as and when required covering shifts we are unable to fill with our permanent staff due to holidays and sickness.
You will contribute to fundraising for St Oswald’s Hospice by collecting and distributing stock and undertaking house clearance operations within the North East area. You will also assist with general maintenance duties within St Oswald’s retail outlets and at external events.
- Be able to work flexibly and have reasonable availability
- Have experience of driving in a professional capacity
- Excellent customer service skills and able to use own initiative
- Be physically fit as the role demands repeated moving and handling of large heavy items
Class C on driving license would be an advantage to drive our bus for events as and when required.
If you would like to download a detailed job description and person specification in Microsoft Word click here.
This position will be subject to an Enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
N.B. This vacancy has no closing date, applications will be considered as and when received.
To apply for this role fill out our online application form now.