Our vision & mission
Our Vision statement is:
Together, we will make the most of time and improve quality of life for everyone in the North East living with an incurable condition, and their families.
Together, with the vital support of our staff, volunteers, donors and supporters, we will continue to develop and grow our services so that everyone in our region gets expert, dignified and compassionate care when they need it.
We have recently launched our 'Vision 2025' plan in response to the growing demand on our services.
Our Vision 2025 initiative sets out our strategic objectives for the next 10 years.
- To continuously improve the quality and efficiency of the services that we provide to our patients and their families.
- To lead the development of palliative care services within the region by working more closely with other organisations.
- To work with staff and volunteers to deliver excellent services through our commitment to individual development.
- To work flexibly, always seeking to maintain financial stability.
The strategic objectives outline our direction of travel and underpin the set of actions as agreed as follows:
- To develop expertise in life-limiting conditions
- To expand the children’s hospice and facilitate independent living for young adults
- To develop a family support service for carers and bereaved adults and children
- To develop a funded, community-based network of lymphoedema services
- To lead the development of a North East palliative care education centre
- To create alliances with other local providers to increase access to palliative care
- To ensure co-ordinated out-of-hours palliative care and advice is available across the region
To find out how we’re working to achieve our objectives, please download a copy of our latest annual report.
Download our Annual Report 2015/2016