Schools and Younger Supporters
St Oswald’s relies on the support of the local community to continue to offer our vital care services to local people who need us.
Whether you are a school, youth group or young person looking to support St Oswald’s, there are lots of opportunities for you to get involved and we would love to have your support.
Tools for Schools
We’ll take assembly for you
Raising awareness of St Oswald’s and our work is huge part of what we do. We have a team of fundraisers to support you. We can come into school and speak in assembly or lessons to explain about the work that we do. We’re also happy to visit groups to talk about St Oswald’s. Find out more...
Get involved- See our Younger Supporter Events page!
We have a varied programme of events for young people to get involved with. Join our Junior Great North Run team, take part in the School Skip or run a Maths Challenge. We’d also love to hear your own ideas for fundraising. We’ve seen lots of creative ideas successfully raise funds. Strictly Come Dancing for teachers, cycling the Coast to Coast and a sponsored walk of St Oswald’s Way to name but a few. But don’t forget the favourites like non-uniform day, a sponsored silence and cake sales.
See our latest fundraising stories here…
Working with schools and youth groups is really important to us and we would love the opportunity to build on our current links and establish more partnerships.
Working with St Oswald’s can bring you many benefits:
- Meet curriculum needs in PSHE, Citizenship and RE as well as providing personal development opportunities across the curriculum.
- Develop well informed active citizens.
- A dedicated Fundraiser to support your work with St Oswald’s and visit your school or group for assemblies and other talks.
- Develop a tailored partnership to suit your needs.
- Opportunities for self development and increased self-esteem of your students.
- Recognition and proof of achievements for students’ records.
- Demonstrate your school’s support of the local community.
- Raise awareness of the work of St Oswald’s Hospice.
- Opportunity for pupils to participate in fun St Oswald’s events.
- Raise vital funds for St Oswald’s that will make a real difference to local people.
Please do get in touch!