What can I donate?
Thank you for your interest in donating your unwanted items to St Oswald's. All profits from selling items in our shops goes towards caring for North East adults, young people and children at a time when they need it most.
What to donate:
- clothes (children and adult)
- furniture (we can collect this from your home if you prefer)
- shoes and accessories
- books, DVDs and CDs
- household linen
- bric a brac
- collectables and antiques
Due to health and safety regulations and the current public demand for items, we are unable to take certain donations:
- All upholstered items such as 3-piece suites and chairs must have fire labels attached to them in order for us to sell them on.
- We can only take metal or glass television units and stands, due to the lack of demand for wooden units. Television sets must have a built in digital freeview tuner (i.e. can receive more than just terrestrial channels) these are usually less than 3 years old.
- We do not accept video tapes, video players or cassette tapes and we also can't take old microwaves, gas cookers and typewriters.
- We do accept tables on their own if they are in good condition. Sets of chairs must be in 4s or 6s.
- We cannot accept duvets or quilts.
- We cannot accept wall units that are over 3 ½ feet wide.
Anything we can't sell we will upcycle or recycle. Find out more about our recycling intiatives here.