Palliative Care Emergencies
Increase your knowledge and understanding of palliative care emergencies and their management.
Date: 7th December 2016
Tutors: Catherine Tetley (Staff Nurse), Cilla Karumazondo (Staff Nurse), Paul McNamara (Consultant in Palliative Care)
Duration: 3 hours
Venue: St Oswald’s Hospice, Regent Avenue, Gosforth, Newcastle, NE3 1EE (see Google map)
Aim: To increase knowledge and understanding of palliative care emergencies and their management.
- To define a palliative care ‘emergency’
- To explore the different types of emergencies commonly seen in the palliative care setting
- To focus on specific palliative care emergencies and their management
How to book: Please fill in the application form here, email PaulineMcLane@stoswaldsuk.org, or call 0191 285 0063 for more information or to book your place.
Book your place
- Current Learning in Palliative Care (CLiP) on 'Helping patients with symptoms other than pain' and 'Recognising Emergencies', lists journal articles, books and websites on these subjects.
- Regnard C, Dean M(2010), A Guide to Symptom Relief in Palliative Care, 6th ed. Oxford: Radcliffe Medical Press.