We support families throughout the whole of their journey with us. If a child who uses our service dies, we are able to offer support by providing the following:
- We are able to keep your child comfortable and free from distress, allowing death with dignity.
- We can offer support to the family, including spiritual or religious
- We have facilities to provide ongoing care of children after death in our Garden Room Suite.
- An opportunity to come back to the unit for tea and an informal chat with a member of the team. This is usually around six weeks after the death.
- Group support with other parents who have been bereaved.
- Information and advice regarding the needs of bereaved children.
- A special day at St Oswald’s for bereaved children to attend called ‘Ozzy Day’.
- An invitation to our special Memory Day, which is usually held in November.
For more information about organisations who can offer advice and support please visit our Useful Websites section.